Quick looking into Dart — Dart Programming
Hello guys.I’m FlutterWithMe, this series is first chapter i want to write about Flutter, in the future i’ll write more and more cool things about Dart and Flutter, so please let down a like and subcribe for help me have In this article, we’ll spend a little time to take a look into Dart programming languages.
So, What is Dart ?
Yeah. Dart is a client-optimized language for developing fast apps on any platform. Dart was created by Google and first time it appeared was October 10, 2011.
First stable version of Dart wasn’t 1.0.0, it was 0.8.10-rev.3.29803.
In Dart SDK Tools contain these tools that necessary for development applications.
- DartVM — Dart Virtual Machine
- dartfmt — Tools formatter dart code
- dartanalyzer — Tools help analyze warning and error code that are specified in dart language. DartPad and IDEs such as Android Studio or VS Code are use the same analysis engine that dartanalyzer provide
- DartDoc — The API documentation generator (using for write package mostly)
- pub — Dart package manager (it’s like npm). We can use pub tools for manage Dart packages.
But,what fast apps that dart mention ? I think what Google mention about “fast” here is dart’s speed. The reason is that dart can compile at both Run-Time (JIT) and Ahead-Of-Time (AOT).
The difference between JIT and AOT:
- In JIT (Just in time) or development mode, Flutter provide hot-reload and hot-restart that help you see UI changes when you change on code. With that is lots of tools that help you debug.
- In AOT (Ahead of time) or release mode, your code is compiled to native code for better performance, minimum app size and remove other stuff that useful in dev mode.
I think that’s enough for a little quick looking. Thanks you guys for reading. And please let me know what you think about my series and this article. Hope my series will help you when learning Flutter.
Originally published at https://dev.to on April 18, 2022.